I love a cocktail challenge, well, what’s not to love? I love even more when it comes with a chocolate element to boot! Aldi have set me a couple of cockail challenges in the past which is great as I’m particularly fond of an Aldi tipple and when they asked if I’d like to recreate one of their idea I simply had to say yes!
Just in time for Easter Aldi wanted to pair some of their super yummy Moser Roth chocolates with cocktails and it didn’t take me long to decide on which one I was going to make. I love caramel and chocolate, it’s like a match made in taste bud heaven as far as I’m concerned and this Frozen Easter-Egg Nog Cocktail sounded right up my street.
Frozen Easter-Egg Nog Cocktail
6 large egg yolks, separated
750ml whipping cream, well chilled
250ml Old Hopking Dark Rum
100ml Chevalier Cognac VS
Zest from 1 orange
Moser Roth Caramel Chocolate, grated
· In a large metal bowl beat the egg yolks until they are thick and pale and add the sugar, a little at a time, beating the mixture until it is light and fluffy
· In a chilled bowl whip the cream until it holds soft peaks and fold it into the yolk mixture.
· Cover and freeze the mixture for at least 4 hours, or until it is nearly hard
· Remove from the freezer and let the mixture melt until it is just soft enough to stir and add in the orange zest, rum and cognac, and return the eggnog, covered, to the freezer until it is very thick and frozen slightly
· Stir the eggnog well and serve it in small glasses or in cleaned out egg shells with a little of the grated Moser Roth Caramel Chocolate sprinkled over the top
T This cocktail is to be enjoyed with a square of Moser Roth Orange Mousse chocolate ad enjoy it we did! YUMMY and such a fab idea for a grown up Easter treat!
I was sent a hamper of goodies to re-create this cocktail.